Welcome to Six Labors documentation!
We aim to provide modern, cross-platform, incredibly powerful yet beautifully simple graphics libraries. Built against .NET Standard, our libraries can be used in device, cloud, and embedded/IoT scenarios.
You can find tutorials, examples and API details covering all Six Labors projects.
Examples, quick-start guides and FAQ-s about our API. This is the recommended place to go for newcomers. (Or at least it would be - as soon as we manage to finish all topics.)
Detailed documentation for the entire API available across our projects.
We have implemented short self-contained sample projects for a few specific use cases, including:
- Avatar with rounded corners
Crops rounded corners of a source image leaving a nice rounded avatar.
- Draw watermark on image
Draw water mark over an image automaticaly scaling the font size to fill the avalible space.
- Change default encoder options
Provides an example on how you go about switching out the registered encoder for a file format and changing its default options in the process.
- Draw text along a path
Draw some text following the contours of a path.
Our graphics libraries are split into different projects. They cover different concerns separately, but there is strong cohesion in order to provide the best developer experience.
Common classes and structs used across our projects including SixLabors.Primitives.
- Contains the generic class, PixelFormats, Configuration, and other core functionality.
- The IImageFormat interface, Jpeg, Png, Bmp, and Gif formats.
- The image processor infrastructure,
- Transform methods like Resize, Crop, Skew, Rotate - Anything that alters the dimensions of the image.
- Non-transform methods like Gaussian Blur, Pixelate, Edge Detection - Anything that maintains the original image dimensions.
Net standard geometry/shape manipulation library, can be used to instantiate various shapes allowing operations like merge, split, intersections etc. The SixLabors.Drawing library is based on Shapes.
Font loading and drawing library. Text drawing in
SixLabors.ImageSharp.Drawing is based on this library.
- Brushes and various drawing algorithms, including drawing images.
- Various vector drawing methods for drawing paths, polygons etc.
- Text drawing (based on SixLabors.Fonts)
ASP.NET-Core middleware for image manipulation.